Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for closed-loop recycling. TOMRA provides reverse vending (“panteautomat”) solutions for Clean Loop Recycling, collecting aluminum, plastic and glass beverage containers to be continually reused and recycled back into new bottles and cans. TOMRA Collection Solutions’ reverse vending machines across more than 60 markets capture 40+ billion used beverage containers every year toward a closed-loop. This reduces reliance on raw materials and ensures fewer containers end up in our streets, oceans and landfills. It empowers more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy.
Do you live and breathe marketing? Join TOMRA’s team to create a more sustainable future by having an important role in building TOMRA’s brand and marketing strategy!
TOMRA Collection Norway is seeking a Marketing Coordinator as part of the TOMRA Brand, Marketing, and Communication team. The team is responsible for international profiling of TOMRA’s reverse vending machines and associated digital products and services. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and executing effective marketing strategies and plans to communicate the value created by our products to customers in a way that will strengthen TOMRA’s brand and boost sales.
As Marketing Coordinator in TOMRA, you will work with:
Core responsibilities include developing marketing strategies, product/service positioning, coordinating product launches and campaigns, and developing a wide range of sales and marketing material. You will also support TOMRA’s local marketing departments internationally with your knowledge and expertise. In “normal” times, there’s an excellent opportunity to visit and work for more extended periods at some of TOMRA’s local offices around the world.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates TOMRA’s products in the market
- Translate technical features into benefits and results for the customer
- Develop marketing strategies and plans to communicate the benefits and features of products to customers
- Formulate value proposition and develop sales tools and marketing material for the product portfolio
- Plan and implement the launch of new products and releases
- Plan and execute promotional campaigns
- Market intelligence – gain customer insight and analyze the competitive landscape
- Evaluate projects using relevant KPIs and feedback from existing and prospective customers
- Project management during exhibitions and events
Who are you?
We believe this position will suit someone with a strong interest in marketing, who also feel motivated by joining a company dedicated to developing a circular economy for plastics. You should be self-driven and ready to seek out opportunities to strengthen TOMRA’s brand and boost sales. Here you’ll have responsibility and opportunity for personal and professional development in an international company that’s growing and moving. You believe change is a good thing, and you can clearly see the value of joining a team where you get the opportunity to be a part of building and developing the Brand, Marketing & Communications function.
Your experience and competence
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within marketing/sales
- Excellent communication skills in English (and ideally also Norwegian), both written and oral
- Strategic marketing competence, and experience with analyzing market needs, forming strategies, developing positioning and product messaging, and producing marketing communication materials
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing
- Experience working with external agencies
- Good understanding of photography and design and a love for great copy and communication
- Project Mgmt experience from larger projects/arrangements/ training/trade shows/events
- International experience (professional and/or educational) will be a great advantage
- Experience with digital marketing is helpful
Your personal characteristics
- Clear and concise communication style
- Customer-oriented: responds to needs and expectations from internal and external stakeholders. Ability to see our business from the customer’s perspective
- Ready to hit the ground running in a busy team environment
- Self-directed and able to work independently
- Excellent time management and project prioritization skills
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and open to change
- Good relationship builder, excellent people skills
- Curious and passionate about learning new things
- Motivated by developing a circular economy for plastics and sustainable solutions for the environment
In TOMRA, you gain the opportunity to:
- Work with timely and socially relevant topics such as environment and sustainability
- Join a diverse team (6 nationalities!) with expertise in Brand, Marketing & Communications
- Work with exciting and varied international marketing projects
- Access our cafeteria and modern gym facilities in the Asker office
- Access free parking and charging of electric cars (when it is relevant to go to the office!
Position type / start date
This is a permanent contract, 100% full time. The desired start date would be by February 2021.
How to apply
Apply via the link in this announcement. Registration is simple and works both on mobile or PC. Write in your application text (in English!), and then upload your CV in your profile. If you have examples of previous relevant work, you can upload this as files to your profile or add a portfolio URL to your profile.
By applying via our recruitment system, you can be sure that your personal data is handled confidentially. As a registered user, it is also simple to apply for other positions later and receive tips on other relevant jobs from Medievikar.
We look forward to hearing from you!