Only 2-4% of the beverage containers consumed worldwide are collected for closed-loop recycling. TOMRA provides reverse vending (“panteautomat”) solutions for Clean Loop Recycling, collecting aluminium, plastic and glass beverage containers to be continually reused and recycled back into new bottles and cans. TOMRA Collection Solutions’ reverse vending machines across more than 60 markets capture 40+ billion used beverage containers every year toward a closed loop. This reduces reliance on raw materials, and ensures fewer containers end up in our streets, oceans and landfills. It empowers more people to get involved in creating a “clean loop” movement in the growing circular economy.
Join TOMRA’s team to create a more sustainable future by having an important role in building TOMRA’s brand and reputation. We are looking for a competent communicator with a diversified skill set that will help develop and spread TOMRA’s
Do you have several years’ experience with communication and digital marketing, and dream of a job focused on recycling of bottles and cans, sustainability, environment and technology? As Communication Manager in TOMRA Collection Solutions’ global headquarters, you will play a key role in building TOMRA’s brand and reputation in these focus areas. The position is a «vikariat» for a period of one year, with opportunity for extension or even permanent role for the right candidate.
As Communication Manager in TOMRA, you will work with:
- Finding and shaping interesting stories, and sharing them to the right audiences via the most effective channels, both internally and externally
- B2B and B2C communication for campaigns, partnerships and launches in new and existing markets
- Production of text and content, from idea to the final published product
- Publishing and distribution of content on different channels, including the website, intranet, media relations and social media
- Operational communication work and implementation of communication strategy
- In normal times, some business travel may be required (short trips approximately once per month), in connection with meetings and launches in other countries (this of course does not apply in current times)
Who are you?
We believe this position will suit someone with an interest in the environment, sustainability, communication and digital marketing. You should be self-driven and ready to seek out storytelling opportunities. Here you’ll have responsibility and opportunity for personal and professional development, in a company that’s growing and moving.
If you can answer yes to the points below, we would be very interested in hearing from you!
Your experience and competence
- Relevant study background, preferably in communication, media, journalism, marketing or similar.
- A good pen and skills in producing different types of high-quality content (from consumer blogs and press releases to case studies and thought leadership). You can translate complex material into engaging stories that people want to read.
- Experience with publishing on the web and in social media.
- Excellent written and spoken English, as the content you will produce is in English.
- Experience with digital marketing and tools such email newsletters, SEO and Google Analytics is helpful.
- Experience with internal communication is helpful.
- Remember to mention these skills in your application. In your application we also want you to include some examples of previous content you have produced, such as blog posts, articles, press releases, newsletters, social media content, etc.
Your personal characteristics
- Engagement and personal interest in environment and technology
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and curious about new tools and methods
- Ready to hit the ground running in a busy team environment, and roll up your sleeves where work is needed
- Adaptable and open for change
- Position type / start date
The position is 100% full time with a duration of approximately one year, with possibility for extension. The desired start date is March 2021, where an earlier start date can be considered.
In TOMRA, you gain the opportunity to:
- Work with timely and socially relevant topics such as environment and sustainability
- Join a team specializing in Brand, Marketing & Communication
- Work with exciting and varied communication projects
- Access our cafeteria and modern gym facilities in the Asker office
- Access free parking and charging of electric cars (when it is relevant to go to the office!)
How to apply
Apply via the link in this announcement. Registration is simple and works both on mobile or PC. Write in your application text (in English!), and then upload your CV and portfolio in your profile. Please include examples of previous content you have produced (preferably written in English!), either as attachments or as links.
By applying via our recruitment system, you can be sure that your personal data is handled confidentially. As a registered user with us it is also simply to apply for other positions later and receive tips on other relevant positions from Medievikar.
We look forward to hearing from you!